Chief of Police: Christopher B. Isola
email@example.com (for direct email to the Police Chief)
The Quogue Village Police Department is composed of a Chief of Police, a Lieutenant who acts as the Department’s Executive Officer, a Detective, four Sergeants and seven police officers. Officers are on duty 24 hours per day, every day of the year. The majority of Quogue officers are emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and the remaining officers have emergency training in CPR and first aid. Department patrol vehicles carry emergency medical equipment for use when they are the initial responders to the scene of a medical emergency. In addition to patrolling the streets in Quogue, the Department also maintains a well-equipped marine vessel that patrols the waterways within the Village and its adjacent bays. During the summer season the Department also utilizes a Wave Runner for access to shallow waterways and utilizes four wheel drive vehicles for those situations requiring them.
The Department holds the distinction of being an accredited law enforcement agency that has met or exceeded the stringent requirements as outlined by the New York State Accreditation Standards. This honor is held by less than 22 % of the police departments within the State and is awarded only after the department successfully passes a rigorous examination of its policies, procedures and practices. The most recent renewal of the Department’s accreditation status was in 2014.
Emergency dispatch (911 calls) for the Department is handled through the Town of Southampton emergency dispatch unit. Should a citizen have a non-emergency situation, he or she may call the Department’s non-emergency number (631-653-4791) and leave a recorded message if no one is in the building or call the non-emergency number (631-728-3400) at the Southampton Town Police dispatch unit and request to have a Quogue Village Police Officer call at the number provided. Whichever method a citizen uses, an Officer will respond promptly after receipt of the message.
If a citizen has a question or concern and prefers to send it via email, the message can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information will be reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate unit or staff member for follow-up.
The Principal mission of the Quogue Village Police Department is to preserve the rights of citizens and reduce fear in the community through the prevention of crime, protection of persons, the maintenance of order in public places and to anticipate and respond to events that threaten public order and the protection of life and property. The Department must continually evaluate the law enforcement mission in order to ensure it meets the needs of the public we serve and if necessary, adjust our response to the evolving needs of the community.
It is essential all members remember that in the execution of their duties they act not for themselves, but for the good of the public. They shall respect and protect the rights of individuals and perform their services with honesty, zeal, courage, discretion, fidelity, and sound judgment. As such, we will enforce all laws for which we are responsible in a fair and impartial manner at all times and work in close cooperation with other law enforcement agencies in order to maintain the security and interests of the public we serve.
It is the expressed Policy of the Department that police officers will use force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient to obtain public cooperation to an extent necessary to secure observance of law or to restore order, and to use only minimum degree of physical force which is necessary upon any particular occasion for achieving a police objective.
By striving to act in the manner indicated above we will provide for the peace and security of all residents of the Village of Quogue and simultaneously foster a sound relationship with the public we serve
Christopher B. Isola
Chief of Police
Quogue Village Police Department Goals And Objectives For 2019
- To serve, protect and defend the People while preserving the rights and dignity of all.
- Work to ensure the safety of our Village Roadways, prevent and investigate crime, prepare for and respond to emergencies and disasters.
- Utilize and expand upon the department’s use of social media to disseminate information to the public.
- Continue to convert selected paper forms into digital scans for retention.
- Continue to expand upon the number of officers trained in the use of the patrol rifle.
- Work with other agencies in building a multi-agency radio communications system.
- Update department computer evidence management software.
- Conduct community outreach programs to include CPR training, Crime Prevention, and a safe boating initiative.
- Expand department training to include regular tactical simulation drills to include live simunitions and equipment.
- Hold Child seat event for residents of Quogue and surrounding community.
- Partner with the Quogue School district for enhancing building security, and to provide training to the staff when dealing with emergencies.
Reports will also replace the existing paper versions.